Re: Using the Exos-2 PMC Eight with Mac.

AnonAstron

Michael, I'm totally new to both the mount (iExos-100 in my case) and to astrophotography but a Mac user.  I've been playing with Kstars/Ekos (at https://edu.kde.org/kstars/#features) as a method of mount/camera control and found this (free) software to work a treat with the iExos-100 over both wired and wifi connections.  It also has the relevant drivers for the Exos-2.

Still exploring the more advanced (for me) functionality including the ASTAP plate solving interface within Kstars.  One additional option is to download the (free) CloudMakers Indigo Server (http://www.cloudmakers.eu/indigoserver/) to act as an alternative to the built-in Indi server in Kstars.  This stand-alone program also lets you have a play at controlling the mount and camera as a first step.

I'm running this software on a MacBook Air.

For me at least, once I got to grips with swapping between WiFi and USB mount control, Kstars/Ekos has been relatively intuitive to use, albeit indoors due to poor weather.

Hope this helps.
--
Experienced hobby photographer and total newbie to anything Astro.  iexos100 with ES80ED and Canon DSLRs