sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Folks,
This is some cool scheisse! I love this hobby and this gear!!!  For those having issues, plow through them.  I had the exact same issues and Explore Scientific was there every step of the way as were many other on this forum!  I've been doing this for about a year now and am just finally feeling somewhat comfortable with the outcome with still a long way to go.  Stay patient.  The rewards are truly amazing!

Attached is the Western Veil Nebula and Pickering's Triangle.  Taken last night in North Ogden, Utah.  Bortles 5-6, 90% moon illumination.  Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker.  Processed in Photoshop following step by step Trevor Jones' Astrobackyard Photoshop tutorial on Youtube.

30 Lights (3200 ISO, 240s Exposure)
20 Darks
20 Lights
20 Bias

Gear:
EXOS 2GT/PMC-Eight (serial)
ES ED 80MM APO Refractor
Canon T5i (astro modified)
Optolong L-Enhance Dual Narrowband Filter
Field Flattener

Programs:
ASCOM POTH Hub, Polemaster, CdC, APT, PHD2, Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop w/Astrophoto plug ins

Clear skies everybody!
Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 8:11 PM Jeff snell <jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:
Veil Nebula processed in Photoshop.  Bortles 5-6.  Mount tracked nicely the entire time.  PHD2 total error no more than about .4 for 2 hours of shoot time.

60 Lights (ISO 3200, 120s)
20 Darks
20 Flats
20 Bias

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
Optolong L-Enhance Dual Narrowband Filter

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 4:45 PM Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here is my North American & Pelican Nebulas from last night (08/08/2020).

NGC 7000 ~ North America & Pelican Nebulas
08/08/2020 @ AstroPorch, VA

QHY 128C @ -10C
Gain: 3200
Offset: 80

10 Lights @ 300s
5 Darks @ 300s
50 Bias @ 0s
10 Flats @ 0.68s
10 Dark Flats @ 0.68s

ES 127 FCD-100
ES 3" FF/0.7x FR
ML CFL Focuser with Hi-Res Stepper
Optolong 2' L-enHance Filter
ES PMC-8 G-11

NINA Nightly
PHD2 Guiding
PixInsight 1.8.8-5 / PCL 2.1.20

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro