Re: Ascom <-> PMC Eight

Wes Mcdonald

Andreas

I used a windows tablet just fine with ascom and my exos2.

Suggest you install ascom 6.4 instead of 6.5.  While some have had an ok experience with 6.5 I believe issues with stellarium and 6.5 have been reported.

Be sure to use the POTH hub to connect.  Select the Es ascom driver in the poth chooser.  Then In stellarium select poth hub in the ascom chooser.

You should load the Es driver which is “anycpu” version. It works with either 32 or 64 bit versions and seems to be trouble free on windows machines.

Also make sure your usb cable has both power and data lines.  And you must have an FTDI usb-serial driver installed on the tablet.

Let us know how you make out