1. The CM cannot do anything unless the PC is connected to the PMC8
2. Get your serial line plugged into the PMC8. Boot the PMC8. Connect PC to PMC8 wifi
3. Open up CM. Expand it so you can see stuff. Go to the connection tab.
4. Bottom line should show PMC8 Wifi in Green.
5. Set your PMC8 type. Press refresh.Drop down list of comm ports. Pick a comm port that it found.
6. Press FIND It should say what is up.
7. Press the Find Current connection do-it button if it isn't grey. If it is...oops.
8. To use the PMC8 with explorestars you must select connection type to be via UDP. You might get the message that this doesn't matter for the exos2. If so it doesn't matter. Pick TCP then. OTherwise pick UDP
9. At this point you should be able to flip back and forth between serial and wifi using the buttons.
Remember the PMC8 remembers what mode it was in, so once you get it working in a mode, that's all you need to do with the CM until you wish to change the mode.
Let us know how you make out.
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired