Re: One beginner's guide to getting EXOS2/PMC8 fully operational with ASCOM, Stellarium, SharpCap, ASPS, and ASCOMPAD

Wes Mcdonald

Ok so the mount is working in WiFi mode with a tablet now.  You have two issues

1.  Cannot get cm to recognize the pmc8
2.  Pc explorestars does not work it gets hung at please wait.

Is this correct?

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:11 PM Wes Mcdonald via groups.io <wesmcd6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Is this a new version of the cm ?

Wes

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Voyager <pmaks01@...> wrote:
Wes,

I can't seem to get past step 7 - see image below.

I've tried 3 different FTDi cables: 2 Parallax and one Amazon, all of which had been working prior to my attempt to switch to WiFi/UDP (Do It button) in CM. I a;so had POTH/Stellarium working well via serial - based on your instructions from July (above). Also tried the Parallax terminal app to try and connect via serial but - no luck.

Also, currently, I can connect via WiFI from my iPad/Explore Stars and have the mount respond/slew to objects.

Is there a hard reset on the PMC2 that one needs to apply ?

--

Thanks !
Peter

Mount: EXOS2-GT, Orion SkyView EQ, AR152
Scope: ESED80-FCD100, Orion 8” Newt
Guide system: Starfield 50mm, Altair GPCAM2 130M
DSLR: Canon 6D, T3i
Software: ExploreStars W10, iOS; Sharpcap, Altair ImageCapture, PMC 8 Manager, Stellarium
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA