Re: One beginner's guide to getting EXOS2/PMC8 fully operational with ASCOM, Stellarium, SharpCap, ASPS, and ASCOMPAD

Wes Mcdonald

Marko

I don’t think you or should have an IPv6 address when connected to the pmc8. This is what is likely going on.  I have to research this some.  Something is amiss here.

Peter, once you switched to serial the CM was happy, and the issue with the WiFi that kept things from working with your new laptop did not bother the cm.

Marko, please load the beta CM version 1.04 and see if that helps.  It handles WiFi connections a bit differently.

Peter:  I bet that if you switch back to WiFi your problem with the new laptop will return.  I expect your laptop might have the same issue as Marko.  You might also try using the beta version of the cm.

If anyone out there knows how to tell windows to use IPv4 that would be helpful.