Re: One beginner's guide to getting EXOS2/PMC8 fully operational with ASCOM, Stellarium, SharpCap, ASPS, and ASCOMPAD

Wes Mcdonald

Far as I can tell the omc8 exos2 module only connects via 2.4 ghz.  That is WiFi channels only 1-11.

V6 is independent of WiFi etc I believe.  It is an IP thing.  A WiFi router may or may not support IPv6.

Peter and Mario:  please try to connect to your pmc8 via WiFi.  Then open up a command window in windows and type up config.  This will report the up address if the laptop.  For the pmc8 network this should read out at 193.168.47.11.  It it does not then you ain’t connected.

Pretty sure

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 11:17 AM Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wes:

I might be wrong, but I think IPv6 addresses are associated with a 5.0 Gig band and IPv4 addresses are associated with a 2.4 Gig band.
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro