sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Friday/Sat morning session.  Target: North American Nebula.  I think a little out of focus but way better than the last one I pushed out in Spring.

PMC-Eight
ES 80mm APO
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm Guidescope)
Canon T5i (astro mod)
Polemaster
PHD2, APT, CdC, ASCOM POTH Hub
Processed in Photoshop (w/Astronomy Tools Action Set and Gradient Exterminator Plug-ins)

Lights: 60x 3min @3200 ISO
Darks: 20
Flats: 20
Bias: 20

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars (serial)
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm guide scope)
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
ASCOM POTH Hub, APT, CdC, PHD2, Polemaster

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 7:33 PM jrichard333 <jrichard333@...> <jrichard333@...> wrote:

Good day and thank you Mario.

I am still a newbie regarding planetary imaging; I started in May of 2018.  I was using a Sunpak tripod and a Benro ballhead.  Then I came across Sir Jerry

and another individual on YouTube demonstrating the iEXOS-100.  Once I saw the mount being controlled wirelessly via an app, I was hooked.

I bought my mount in February of 2019.  Explore Scientific has put so much into the iEXOS-100, at a great price point, how could I not support their vision?

I would not have the images I have currently if it was not for James Ball, Sir Jerry, and Kent Marts.  James sparked my mind when he made it

known he was using a 150mm Maksutov atop his iEXOS-100 mount/ ST1 tripod.  Sir Jerry made the dream possible by releasing a configuration

mount capacity weight spreadsheet.   Kent Marts brought it home with the 11.25Ib counterweight to aid in RA balancing the scope.  Since then,

I have been learning a lot.

Planetary imaging season 2020:  I learned how to use WinJupos (just the parts I need), TOPAZ Denoise AI, and most recently GIMP (game changer).

I am giving myself 2-years to master GIMP.  GIMP had been on my hard drive for over 8-years.  Like 7 of 9 says….resistance is futile.

JR