sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Friday/Sat morning session.  Target: North American Nebula.  I think a little out of focus but way better than the last one I pushed out in Spring.

PMC-Eight
ES 80mm APO
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm Guidescope)
Canon T5i (astro mod)
Polemaster
PHD2, APT, CdC, ASCOM POTH Hub
Processed in Photoshop (w/Astronomy Tools Action Set and Gradient Exterminator Plug-ins)

Lights: 60x 3min @3200 ISO
Darks: 20
Flats: 20
Bias: 20

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars (serial)
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm guide scope)
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
ASCOM POTH Hub, APT, CdC, PHD2, Polemaster

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 7:33 PM jrichard333 <jrichard333@...> <jrichard333@...> wrote:

Good day and thank you Mario. 

I am still a newbie regarding planetary imaging; I started in May of 2018.  I was using a Sunpak tripod and a Benro ballhead.  Then I came across Sir Jerry

and another individual on YouTube demonstrating the iEXOS-100.  Once I saw the mount being controlled wirelessly via an app, I was hooked. 

I bought my mount in February of 2019.  Explore Scientific has put so much into the iEXOS-100, at a great price point, how could I not support their vision?

I would not have the images I have currently if it was not for James Ball, Sir Jerry, and Kent Marts.  James sparked my mind when he made it

known he was using a 150mm Maksutov atop his iEXOS-100 mount/ ST1 tripod.  Sir Jerry made the dream possible by releasing a configuration

mount capacity weight spreadsheet.   Kent Marts brought it home with the 11.25Ib counterweight to aid in RA balancing the scope.  Since then,

I have been learning a lot.

Planetary imaging season 2020:  I learned how to use WinJupos (just the parts I need), TOPAZ Denoise AI, and most recently GIMP (game changer).

I am giving myself 2-years to master GIMP.  GIMP had been on my hard drive for over 8-years.  Like 7 of 9 says….resistance is futile. 

JR

From: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io [mailto:MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 11:15 AM
To: MAIN@espmc-eight.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Astrophotography done with the iEXOS-100 and EXOS 2 post your picture and details lets show what this mount can do. #iexos-100 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Wow....amazing pictures JR...well done!

You've given alot of us something to aspire to! :)

Mario

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM jrichard333 <jrichard333@...> <jrichard333@...> wrote:

Good day all,

I am closing out the trilogy for planetary season 2020.  I will spend the remainder of the

season attempting to capture Venus, Neptune, Pluto, and Uranus.

Targets:  Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. 

Camera:  Canon 70D

Mount:  iEXOS-100/ ST3

Dates:  July through August of 2020

Scope:  Sky-Watcher 180mm Maksutov

Focal length:   5400mm

Focal Ratio:  30

Video captures:  2 to7-minutes

Software:  PIPP, AutoStakkr 3.0, Registax, FastStone,

TOPAZ Denoise AI, GIMP, and a lot of

prayer

Mars:  Looks like a coffee cake.  Every time I look at this image

I get hungry.

Saturn

Jupiter

JR

--
Regards,

Mario
Streetsville, Ontario

Mounts: iExos 100, Skyguider Pro
Scopes/Lenses: Main/Orion 80mm, DSLR/Tamron 18-400mm lens, guide/ZWO-340A
Computer: ASIAir
Cameras: Canon T2i DSLR, ZWO120MM (guide)
Utility Software: iPolar (for Skyguider polar alignment), iCap, Explorestars, Canon EOS Utility
Image Processing Software: Photoshop

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.