sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Jeff Snell

Hi Michael,
I use Deep Sky Stacker.  Extremely easy to use and understand.  Being from Alabama that’s a plus for me.  Plus, it’s free😎.  I’ve seen the process for Photoshop and it’s a bit onerous.  Link below.

Jeff

On Sep 13, 2020, at 4:54 PM, Jeff Snell via groups.io <Jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:

Thanks Mario!  I used an astro plugin for Photoshop called Astronomy Tools Action Set.  Ran the iterations of space, and deep space noise reduction tools from that application.  Also bought Gradient Exterminator which works well to smooth out the image.  Links to both below.

I also religiously watched Trevor Jones' "Astrophotography Image Processing Tutorial (Photoshop)" on Youtube...highly recommended for a beginner (which is what I still feel like) if using Photoshop.  He gets a bit rushed near the end while adding a final luminance layer to the image (I'm still trying to figure out what he's doing :-)).  But overall the tutorial and the plugins have improved my images immensely and demonstrated the equipment capability.

I also shot the Pelican Nebula that night. It's attached.  This one did not turn out nearly as well.  Shows the importance of signal and how a low photoshop skill level can't save it.  Lots of noise...

40x 1 min @3200
20x Darks
20x Flats
20x Bias

PMC-Eight
ES 80mm APO
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm Guidescope)
Canon T5i (astro mod)
Polemaster
PHD2, APT, CdC, ASCOM POTH Hub
Processed in Photoshop (w/Astronomy Tools Action Set and Gradient Exterminator Plug-ins)

Lights: 60x 3min @3200 ISO
Darks: 20
Flats: 20
Bias: 20

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars (serial)
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm guide scope)
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
ASCOM POTH Hub, APT, CdC, PHD2, Polemaster

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 3:19 PM Mario <mario1546@...> wrote:
Brilliant - well done Jeff!
Noticed your ISO @ 3200...yet the photo is noise-free...stacking? filters?

Another from the same night.  Rosette Nebula.

Lights: 40x 2 min @3200 ISO
Darks: 20
Flats: 20
Bias: 20

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars (serial)
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm guide scope)
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
ASCOM POTH Hub, APT, CdC, PHD2, Polemaster

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 1:05 PM Jeff Snell via groups.io <Jeffery.snell1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Friday/Sat morning session.  Target: North American Nebula.  I think a little out of focus but way better than the last one I pushed out in Spring.

PMC-Eight
ES 80mm APO
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm Guidescope)
Canon T5i (astro mod)
Polemaster
PHD2, APT, CdC, ASCOM POTH Hub
Processed in Photoshop (w/Astronomy Tools Action Set and Gradient Exterminator Plug-ins)

Lights: 60x 3min @3200 ISO
Darks: 20
Flats: 20
Bias: 20

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars (serial)
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Combo (50mm guide scope)
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
ASCOM POTH Hub, APT, CdC, PHD2, Polemaster

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 7:33 PM jrichard333 <jrichard333@...> <jrichard333@...> wrote:

Good day and thank you Mario.

I am still a newbie regarding planetary imaging; I started in May of 2018.  I was using a Sunpak tripod and a Benro ballhead.  Then I came across Sir Jerry

and another individual on YouTube demonstrating the iEXOS-100.  Once I saw the mount being controlled wirelessly via an app, I was hooked.

I bought my mount in February of 2019.  Explore Scientific has put so much into the iEXOS-100, at a great price point, how could I not support their vision?

I would not have the images I have currently if it was not for James Ball, Sir Jerry, and Kent Marts.  James sparked my mind when he made it

known he was using a 150mm Maksutov atop his iEXOS-100 mount/ ST1 tripod.  Sir Jerry made the dream possible by releasing a configuration

mount capacity weight spreadsheet.   Kent Marts brought it home with the 11.25Ib counterweight to aid in RA balancing the scope.  Since then,

I have been learning a lot.

Planetary imaging season 2020:  I learned how to use WinJupos (just the parts I need), TOPAZ Denoise AI, and most recently GIMP (game changer).

I am giving myself 2-years to master GIMP.  GIMP had been on my hard drive for over 8-years.  Like 7 of 9 says….resistance is futile.

JR