sticky Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Wes Mcdonald

jeff

Looks like crap on the sensor. Looks like it was left  over from cleaning.   I have that stuff all over mine.  Tried to clean it and that didn't work.  Got to try again...then send it off to someone who knows how.

wes

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 11:58 PM Jeff Snell <Jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:
Thanks Wes!  My bad on the exposure time on the Heart Neb.  Those are actually 120sec exposure at 3200.  I've attached one of the Cave Nebula from the same night.  Not a very good one but in some of my images I keep getting the same sort of dark "splotch" in the same area of the image.  You see it in the Sagittarius Star Cloud in the upper right quadrant and in the attached image of the Cave Neb same quadrant.  It does not appear in all images and appears to only present in the light frames.  Any idea what that could be???  It appears to be a stacking artifact that gets more enhanced with more images stacked but again only on select images.  When you look at the individual light frame, it's not really even there.

Dust?  A smudge?? I'm at a loss.  Any ideas?

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 8:57 PM Jeff Snell via groups.io <Jeffery.snell1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Heart Nebula taken early Monday morning.

40x Lights (180 Sec/3200 ISO)
20 Darks
20 Flat
20 Bias

Plus Sagittarius Star Cloud same morning.
Same frames as above.

ES ED 80mm APO
EXOS 2GT PMC -Eight Serial Connection
Canon T-5i (astro-modified)
Orion Starshoot Auto Guider/50mm Scope Combo
QHY Polemaster
ASCOM POTH Hub, CdC, APT, PHD2

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars