Re: Recommended Polar Finder that will work with IEXOS-100 PMC-eight

Mike Leemhuis

You use the same technique that I use to align my scope.  SharpCap makes it super easy.  One thing I did to make sure I put my tripod in the exact same location of my front yard was to put three PVC tubes vertically into my yard at the location of my tripod legs.  I then added some 3D printed parts to cap the PVC pipes and locate the tripod legs exactly.  Now my setup is even quicker.  The details are described here:  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4176066   The next best thing would be to have a pier in your yard but that's hard to mow over.   lol.

Mike

--
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Mount: Explore Scientific Exos-2