Re: A New Subgroup Soon

Jerry Hubbell - Explore Scientific VP Engineering

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 05:57 PM, Wes Mcdonald wrote:
Been discussing things with Jerry relative to topics related to using the PMC8 with applications and or hardware from other than Explore Scientific. 
I want to thank Wes for reaching out to me and helping to create a reasonable and rational solution to this ongoing problem we have been having related to the terms of service Rule Number 8. Creating a separate subgroup was suggested once before but I did not agree at the time that it was a good idea. The issue I have as explained in that previous post was that I do not want to provide a subgroup that will turn into a forum for other manufacturer's equipment to be promoted over our own current and/or future equipment and software. Rule number 8 in the terms of service will be different for the PMC-Eight Application Subgroup and will now state:

"The PMC-Eight Application Subgroup is available to members to discuss all manner of third-party equipment, software, and other materials needed for our customers to have the best experience using the PMC-Eight system with these third-party products. The discussion SHALL NOT BE LIMITED TO describing the how and why of the setup, configuration, and any other requirements needed to properly get the third-party product to work effectively with the PMC-Eight system.
In the PMC-Eight Application Subgroup, the members are invited and encouraged to discuss the integration of all the various third-party tools as necessary to get the best performance and experience using these products.

The only restriction is that members are not to either bash, or overly promote any specific manufacturer or product over any other manufacturer or product.  All that is required to keep from having a message or thread locked or deleted is to just state the facts about any circumstance or feature of the product and how you have configured or set it up."

I will be amending the terms of service to include this statement in Rule number 8.

I will be adding every member of the PMC-Eight MAIN group to the new PMC-Eight Application Subgroup,
YOU WILL HAVE TO OPT-OUT OF THE SUBGROUP if you do not want to be a member. You can also set your email preferences under the Subscription menu item at the top of the left hand menu. 

Also, since this is a new Subgroup, you will have to copy your signature from the MAIN group settings to the new Subgroup settings. If you do not have a signature already set, please set one up, it helps everyone understand what equipment you have during your discussions.

Again, as always, I want to thank everyone for your support of Explore Scientific and the PMC-Eight system. We are moving forward and you can look forward to new and interesting products from us in the future.

Thank you, and Clear Skies!!

--
Jerry Hubbell
Vice President of Engineering

Explore Scientific, LLC.
jrh at explorescientific.com

www.explorescientificusa.com
1010 S. 48th Street
Springdale, AR 72762
1-866-252-3811

Author: Scientific Astrophotography: How Amateurs Can Generate and Use Professional Imaging Data
             Remote Observatories for Amateur Astronomers: Using High-Powered Telescopes From Home

Mark Slade Remote Observatory (MSRO) IAU MPC W54 Equipment
Wilderness, VA
Mounts
: ES PMC-Eight G11 + Telescope Drive Master (TDM)
Scopes: ES 165 FPL-53 ED APO CF, ES 102 FCD100 ED APO CF
Cameras:  QHY174M-GPS + FW, QHY163C
Misc: 3-inch 0.7x Focal Reducer Field Flattener, Filters: Luminance,
Red, V-band Photometric, Diffuser, 200 lpmm Spectral Grating

Software: MaxIm DL 6, Cartes du Ciel, Astrometrica, AstroImageJ, AutoStakkert!

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.