Re: Counterweight shaft #iEXOS-100

Harry

Hi Meghan, I also needed a little extra weight for my iExos 100. I got a 11/4 pound barbell weight from Walmart. I think 3-4 dollars. I then cut a slice of pvc pipe to reduce the central hole size. May need a little electrical tape for just a tight friction fit. You can then use a 3/4 inch clamp-on service connector conduit fitting, unscrew the round collar and discard. Just insert the clamp, then weight against the bottom bolt, and tighten the clamp against the weight to hold in place. If you want the weight further up the shaft, use 2 clamps. Attached 2 pics.
--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance