Re: iEXOS-100 First Light #iEXOS-100

Wes Mcdonald

Ian

Glad things are working for you.  As an armature who has some great results with the ecos2, I appreciate having your professional feedback.

A few questions/points

1.  To get the mount tracking are you using explorestars?  If so be sure to put the mount in T mode which moves at sidereal rate in RA.  I presume your were.  P mode moves the mount stepwise with 200ms intervals.  Fine for visual, not so for photos.
2.  The goto function would obviate your need to break the clutches.  Might be fun for you to use it
3.  How did you have it track a non moving target?  I would love to see how you configure your artificial star.
4.  Baring ra and dec drift from poor polar alignment stars should move by the amount of PE present, right?  I figure you observed something like 12 “ PE.  This is really good for the mount.   Btw the PE period is 600 seconds.