Re: iEXOS-100 First Light #iEXOS-100

Wes Mcdonald

Ian

Nice technique.  Very cool.

When I said “break the clutches” I meant release them 😀.   No problem to push to!

You might be interested to know the iexos clutch uses a friction lock system to engage the wheel gear to the shaft.  This is a good way, as it does not distort the wheel gear the way a wedge lock clutch might.

Thanks for the characterization and method.  That a7S seems like a nice camera.  The large pixels would make it great at 1600mm fl, match up with seeing very nicely.  That would make it a candidate for an f10 scope at 2500mm fl with a .68 reducer -  perfect for a 10” SCT

I image with a Nikon D5300 Astro modified.  The darn thing is danged quiet and takes some pretty pics matched to my ES 127 refractor @ 940mm fl.   With a .8 reducer it will capture the Orion Nebula and Running man in one frame.

Thanks again for doing these tests.  Look forward to your blog on the mount.