Jeff Snell

My latest from last night...Lagoon and Trifid Nebula and the Soul Nebula.

Both shot at 3200 ISO, 120sec exposures, Canon T5i astro-modified
Lagoon and Trifid: 30 Light, 20 Dark, 20 Flat, 20 Bias
Soul Nebula: 90 Light, 20 Dark, 20 Flat, 20 Bias

Processed with Deep Sky Stacker and Photoshop with Astro Plug Ins

Lagoon and Trifid was shot looking south over Ogden/Salt Lake City Utah at about 30 degrees elevation.  Lots of light pollution and about 95% moon illumination.  The Optolong L-Enhance Filter is AWESOME!  I am totally surprised by the detail that came through on that shot.

PHD tracking total consistently .4 and below...

Jeff

EXOS 2 GT/PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod
Orion Starshoot AutoGuider w/50mm Guidescope
QHY Polemaster
ASCOM POTH Hub, CdC, APT, PHD2

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM Jeff snell <jeffery.snell1@...> wrote:
That's cool!

Jeff

PMC-Eight w/Explore Stars
ES ED80mm APO
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 w/ Spencer Camera Astro-mod

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:54 PM Jennifer Shelly via groups.io <drunkendogg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

3-D printed lithophane of an image of the Moon that I shot on 04/06/2020 with my ES 127 FCD-100 with 3" FF / 0.7x FR, QHY 600M camera, and ES PMC-8 G-11.

Moon image.

Completed lithophane print.

Lithophane illuminated from behind.

The lithophane took 20.75 hours to print. I am pleased with the result with my first attempt.  I am currently printing another version that is a little thicker to get more contrast which will take 29.17 hours to print.

--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro