Re: Possible defective unit #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Mario

Quick note, some others seem to be observing this same behaviour:

Appears here with lunar observation...link
This view of the iExos internals that seem to oscillate in time to what is being observed through the scope...link
Not sure if the second video is related bu seems to be....line the motor is pausing then 'catching up'

I would expect this motion to be smoothly tracking...not oscillating...

Regards,

Mario

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 8:58 PM Mario via groups.io <mario1546=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Paul,

I was taking video of the moon and again noticed the oscillation you observed.
Again, this doesn't seem to be an issue with stars or DSO's but very noticeable with lunar or planetary observation.
Note, the tracking seems ok, the moon stays in frame and returns to essentially to the same spot after each oscillation.

I appreciate the explanations of how the motors are in constant motion....but how do we make this go away?

Link to video here.

Regards,

Mario

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 2:28 PM Paul via groups.io <paulw617=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Wes and Harry,

Thank you for the quick response and for putting my mind at ease.

Paul

--
Regards,

Mario
Streetsville, Ontario

Mounts: iExos 100, Skyguider Pro
Scopes/Lenses: Main/Orion 80mm, DSLR/Tamron 18-400mm lens, guide/ZWO-340A
Computer: ASIAir
Cameras: Canon T2i DSLR, ZWO120MM (guide)
Utility Software: iPolar (for Skyguider polar alignment), iCap, Explorestars, Canon EOS Utility
Image Processing Software: Photoshop