Re: Possible defective unit #iEXOS-100 #TECHNICAL

Wes Mcdonald

Mario

What does the asiair use to drive the pmc8?  Does it use the Es ascom driver?

Surging during lunar viewing makes no sense relative to the pmc8.  If the moon is moving in steps it is because the mount is being driven in steps.  This is how explorestars in Point mode does it.   But when you are using the ES driver and ascom the mount tracks smoothly at sidereal rate.   No surging.

I believe you stated the surging is not present for stars.  In fact we all know it is not as our photos look great.

I suggest to you the issue is with how the asiair is driving the mount.