Re: #iEXOS-100 #iEXOS-100

Harry

Hi Parag,

I started using my dslr and 300 zoom lens with my iExos 100 a couple of years ago. Here are some thoughts.

Will you be using a 7 inch or better iPad or Android tablet with the ExploreStars app to control it?

Do you have access to a Windows computer for occasional firmware updates?

Realize that the ExploreStars app was intended for visual use. However, it can be used for astrophotography.

Polar alignment is important. The better alignment, the better results. The app PS Align Pro, and an inexpensive red dot finder (Rigel) will help. I’ve found a 2 star alignment works just fine. Balancing also very important.

Exposures: I can get 30 seconds reliably. With a good PA, 45-60 seconds maybe. I did a shot of M31 at 79 seconds, and I was happy with the results. Yes, at longer exposures there may be a little star trailing. You have to judge your tolerance. Remember, this should be a fun hobby.

Planets, No. They are so small, even at 300mm. Moon, yes.

Stacking, another big variable. I’ve done 10-50. Yes, more are better, but?

At its price point, I think its a great product! With “go to” its better than any sky tracker, and can grow with your hobby.

FYI, I now have an ASIair Pro, and ZWO guide camera, with a 80mm scope. Yes, these are nice, BUT not required now. Maybe for your future enjoyment. With the Pro, 5 minute exposures, PA a snap. Scope not necessary.

There are so many great people on these forums for help and guidance.

Harry

--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight
Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance