Re: PHD2 stopped talking to my mount #EXOS2 #OpenGOTO #ASCOM #pmc-eight

Andreas Volz

Edited

That cable seems to have the Prolific PL2303 chip.You should get a cable with FTDI chip. My first cable also had the Prolific chip and did not work.

Regards,
Andreas

James Everson <jeverson.biz@...> schrieb am Fr., 16. Okt. 2020, 18:04:

Robert,

This is what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083QWL13V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would assume that whatever this cable has is adequate as I can control the mount with the ASCOM tools. The issue appears to be more with how PHD2 is interacting with ASCOM. I don't think this is a hardware/cable issue. I can get one that specifically states that it has this FTDI chip, but I not convinced it would make a difference.

Thanks

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, SpaceCat 51