Re: Dec axis motor system faulty or newbie error?? #EXOS2

Tony

I would certainly think you'd be fine opening the inspection door.  Its a simple clip in piece of plastic, no tools necessary.  You'll at least get a quick look inside.   Once you have a visual confirmation on what is slipping, hopefully support can advise you on the proper steps.  My guess is that it will mirror what Robert suggested, but you may want to wait to hear it straight from them.

Good luck,
-Tony

On 10/16/2020 12:35 PM, Paul Mogg wrote:
Thank you very much for those notes Robert, and for your reply Tony. I will read your notes and see if I can fix it, whatever it is. My only concern is that if I attempt a repair or open the motor housing that I'll nulify my warranty on the mount. It's only 10 days or so old.

Thanks again,

Paul
--
Location: southern Spain

Equipment:
Explore Scientific EOS-2 PMC-Eight mount
Skywatcher 200DPS Newtonian telescope
Telrad.
28mm 2" and 12mm 1.25" lenses.
2 and 5 x Barlows.
Macbook air
Huawei Android T5 Tablet
Nikon D3200 DSLR
Software: ExploreStars Android & WIndows, Stellarium OSX & Android, AstroDSLR