Re: Non-Messier objects in ExploreStars #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

James

Paul,

I can understand your frustration. My first few outings with the mount was challenging. It has a rather steep learning curve compared to my Celestron AVX mount. However, once you figure it out, it is a great mount. It sounds like you are using either a laptop or a Windows tablet to connect to the PMC8 device. I would suggest, if you happen to have one, is using an iPad when getting started. It connects to the PMC8 wifi easily and the databases are updated automatically. I am only just starting to get into auto-guiding which involves moving from my iPad to my laptop and I am running into some challenges again. As with all new things, we have to learn and adapt. ES does seem to target more intermediate to advanced users. Give it some time and I think you'll find that even with it's quirks, it's a good mount.

Good luck and clear skies

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, SpaceCat 51