Re: Non-Messier objects in ExploreStars #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Harry

Paul,
Another option I used when I didn’t want to use my iPad, was an inexpensive Amazon Fire HD8. You need a micro SD card to separately load the ExploreStars database, but I had great luck with it. Your Windows laptop should do this fine.  It is a modified Android device. Just make sure the ExploreStars app is still available from the Fire App Store. I think mine was a 32mb unit.
I certainly understand your frustration, but the mount really is a great product. I have been there.
--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight
Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance