Re: Non-Messier objects in ExploreStars #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Mikas

Hi Paul,

I would definitely go outside to confirm it's not working there. How it could be? What changes when you go outside? Does Laptop get connected to another wifi instead of PMC-Eight?. Different power supply? Does the laptop run on battery there? Perhaps there is microwave interference from faulty street light? Is there 5G telecom antenna nearby? Use a wifi analyzer app to check if there is a neighbors wifi on channel 1 near your mount. Must be some reason for it to be working inside, but not outside.

I have nearly new Skywatcher EQ5 pro with Synscan Go-To, but because of oblong stars had to upgrade to EXOS II also. So on Synscan there is no search at all. Arguably better than EXOS II  would be also belt-driven Sky-Watcher EQ6-R PRO and you can get many tablets for the price difference. I bought TECLAST P20HD 10.1 Inch 8-Core 4GB Tablet Android for £128, but it could be way cheaper to get the job done. The only requirement is an SD card slot and can be as old as Android 4.4 kitkat.