Re: Non-Messier objects in ExploreStars #EXOS2 #ExploreStars

Mirko Gude

Hi Paul,

I may be wrong, but for me it seems to be correct. I got one hit in ExploreStars Search for „heart nebula“. Maybe the description "open cluster" is not what you expect, but the destination seems to be ok.

Regards, Mirko

Am 16.10.2020 um 19:25 schrieb Paul Meesters <p.h.meesters@...>:

Hi,

My mistake, the longitude and latitude info was incorrect for my location :( Hence it didn't show the Slew To button.

However, IC 1805 (the heart nebula according to Stellarium) returns the Cassiopeia Objects Group. Not the Heart nebula. This object type is "Open cluster"  not "Nebula"
NGC 1795 returns the Dorado objects group.. Not the nebula..

I'm confused ..

Thanks,
Paul

--