Re: PHD2 stopped talking to my mount #EXOS2 #OpenGOTO #ASCOM #pmc-eight

Wes Mcdonald

Great point jerry

At a guide rate of .5 sidereal, a 5 second pulse from PhD will move the mount all of 37.5 arc seconds.  (15’/sec * 5 sec * .5).  So easy to miss

The reason PHD fails to calibrate via “mount failed to move enough” is usually because you have too much backlash in the dec axis or ra or both.  But dec has always been my bugaboo.