Re: Dec axis motor system faulty or newbie error?? #EXOS2

Paul Mogg

Tony, I got to the Orion Nebula using just the Telrad ( which is an amazing tool ) and loosened clutches, which is how I'd been it before getting the EXOS-2 PCM-8. I started about a month or so age using an old video tripod I had, with my Newtonian, but quickly realized that doesn't cut it for astronomy, it's down right dangerous frankly, the whole shebang nearly fell on me a few times. So anyway, the EXOS-2 is a big step up for me.
--
Location: southern Spain

Equipment:
Explore Scientific EOS-2 PMC-Eight mount
Skywatcher 200DPS Newtonian telescope
Telrad.
28mm 2" and 12mm 1.25" lenses.
2 and 5 x Barlows.
Macbook airĀ
Huawei Android T5 Tablet
Nikon D3200 DSLR
Software: ExploreStars Android & WIndows, Stellarium OSX & Android, AstroDSLR