Re: PHD2 stopped talking to my mount #EXOS2 #OpenGOTO #ASCOM #pmc-eight

James

Doug,

I followed your steps. ASCOM connected over serial. POTH connected to PMC8. POTH controls move the mount. Connected PHD2 to POTH driver (camera also connected). Using the manual controls don't "appear" to move the mount, but the requests are logged by POTH.

Connected: True -> True (no change)
Name: POTH->Explore Scientific PMC-Eight ASCOM Driver
CanPulseGuide: True
CanSlew: True
CanSlewAsync: True
Declination: +89:50:30
SideOfPier: West
Slewing:  False  IsPulseGuiding:  False
PulseGuide: North, 5000: (done)
IsPulseGuiding:  False  Slewing:  False  IsPulseGuiding:  False
PulseGuide: South, 5000: (done)
IsPulseGuiding:  False  Slewing:  False  IsPulseGuiding:  False
PulseGuide: East, 5000: (done)
IsPulseGuiding:  False  Slewing:  False  IsPulseGuiding:  False
PulseGuide: West, 5000: (done)
IsPulseGuiding:  False

This is using the original cable I have (non-FTLD). As you see, there are a lot of "False" messages here. Not sure if that is normal or not.

Thanks

--
Mounts: Explore Scientific EXOS II GT, iEXOS-100, Celestron AVX
Scope: Explore Scientific AR102, AR152, FirstLight 152mm Mak-Cassegrain, SpaceCat 51