Re: PHD2 stopped talking to my mount #EXOS2 #OpenGOTO #ASCOM #pmc-eight

Jennifer Shelly

James:

If you want to have a visual aid will need a planetarium program to use with APT such as Stellarium or Cartes de Ciel.  Once you choose your program you will have to configure APT for the program.  If you choose Stellarium you will need to use Stellarium Scope as well.  If you do not care about a visual aid then APT does have its own catalog that you can use that are called Objects.  You would need to select the Object on the main tab, slew to it, and plate solve.  Or you can use Point Craft and do the same.  I hope that makes sense.

Jennifer
--
Sincerely,

Jennifer Shelly
AstroPorch, VA

Mounts
: ES PMC-8 G-11, ES PMC-8 EXOS-2
Scopes: ES ED127 FCD-100, ES Levy Comet Hunter, ES N208CF, QHY Mini Guide Scope, Solomark F60 Guide Scope
Cameras: QHY600M, QHY128C, QHY168C
Misc: MoonLite CFL 2.5 / High Res Stepper / V2 Mini Controller, Baader SteelTrack NT / SteelDrive II, Baader UFC, Optolong 2" L-Pro / L-eNhance, QHY CFW3-L, Baader 2” LRGBSHO CCD
Imaging Software:  NINA, APT, SharpCap Pro