locked Re: No stars on DLSR #Off-Topic

Harry

On Nov 7, 2020, at 10:06 AM, Harry via groups.io <flykai1@...> wrote:

Paul, As I mentioned, my Orion .8x FR looks identical to your FF. On my Nikon, I use 2 different T adapters, see attached pics. Both are just attachment adapters. No additional spacing. On the left threads are 42mm (std),,on the right is a “wide” thread 48mm. I use the wide one with the FR. The wider thread helps prevent vignetting. With the wide one I also need one 2 inch extension tube. The 42mm is used with no FR.

Since your T2 adapter has some extension  built in, perhaps a smaller additional extension is required, or a T ring (probably like my wide), with no extension, plus one 2 inch extension. Extension tube kits are available with multiple lengths,  The pic with the camera shows my setup. I would just screw the ext tube on to the telescope.

Hope this helps.  Harry

--
Harry
Vero Beach, FL

Mounts: ES iExos 100-PMC Eight
Guide: ZWO 30mm Mini, ZWO ASI120MM-Mini
Software: ASIair Pro, iPad Pro, MacOS, Starry Sky Stacker, Affinity Photo, Lightroom,  SkySafari Plus
Cameras: Nikon D600, D5500
Misc: ES USB Power Bank, Rigel QuikFinder, 0.8x Focal Reducer
Filters:  Optolong L-Pro, L-eNhance

<4175DD8B-A11F-4EBA-8739-45D458668F79.jpeg>
<C88C0197-BE51-44B2-9B35-3261BDAE6597.jpeg>
<2BC6400B-D8AA-433B-A3B7-30A4CB3E2E9B.jpeg>