Re: Astrophotography Done with the iEXOS-100, EXOS 2, and G11 Post your Pictures and Details! Lets Show What These Mounts Can Do. #iEXOS-100 #G11 #EXOS2 #astrophotography

Ian Morison

Wonderfull Vince!
Cheers,

Ian

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 3:47 AM Vince White <vnwhite@...> wrote:
All,

I thought I would share my recent attempt at the Flame Nebula, Horsehead Nebula and NGC 2023. You can see my last try about a year ago here.

Captured over 8 nights, from Oct 31 - Nov 8, with a total exposure of just under 20hrs and a waning full moon in Bortle 9+ white Houston skies.  I'm shooting to the exposure limit of the light pollution here in Houston, using the Optolong L-eNhance filter, which is acting as a narrowband h-alpha filter for the red channel of my unmodified EOS RP camera.

Focal length is 864mm and resolution of 1.37 arc-sec/pixel, with PHD2 guiding error between 0.6 - 1.2 and an average of 0.8 arc-sec error, where everything was run on my telescope mounted RPI4 connected to the PMC-Eight via WiFi.  Shot at ISO1250 and between 400 to 600 second exposures.

Regards,
Vince
--
Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope
Cameras:  Canon EOS RP, QHY 5-III 290C, T7C (ZWO ASI120MC clone)
Misc: 2" Optolong L-eNhance filter, 2" Optolong UHC filter, Raspberry PI 4
Software: INDI + Kstars + EKOS, DeepSkyStacker, GIMP, Lightroom, Photoshop, SIRIL

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.