Re: Guide Graphs and Impressions

Jeremy Parker

Hi Sunil,

Interesting, I'll keep an eye out for any sudden issues with mine. The atmospheric refraction is in one of the menu settings, can't remember off the top of my head. Also, the camera must be oriented correctly when using this feature (so the USB connector is pointing horizontally to the left when looking into the lens of the camera). I can see why using your main imaging camera would be most accurate for this. Maybe someday when I get a real astro cam, I will switch over to this method. In the meantime, I can get pretty good polar alignment and see no field rotation in over 8 minute exposures (longest I've tried).

Thanks,
Jeremy