Re: G-11 worm issues

ji.theriot@...

I don’t think anyone really knows a measurement for the acceptable degree of offset. This was on my RA axis. The worm on my dec axis is also very slightly misaligned but there is no binding. When I first removed my worm cover it was very obvious that the worm was binding on the RA side. If you were to try to turn the worm by hand it would spring back to its original spot. If you kept spinning it slowly that built up torque would unload and rapidly spin the worm. It’s hard to explain but it’s very obvious if you’re having this issue and try to turn the worm by hand.