Re: Malicious Download Detected Error

Steve Lang

Hey.

I've checked this main URL with VirusTotal, it compares it with a number of commercial antivirus engines etc (~80 or so), and it checks out OK. The actual download site (http://02d3287.netsolhost.com/pmc-eight/) has one hit against it (from Dr.Web). This is most likely because of some other content that has been hosted on netsolhost.com at some stage. I can't find any details as to why Dr.Web is thinking this...

Do you use Dr.Web for antivirus?

Some time ago, I had one of my home network security thingies complain about the main explorescientific site, but that was either a false positive, or rectified quickly.

Cheers -

On 20/11/20 5:01 am, Paul via groups.io wrote:
Hello,

On two different Windows 10 PCs, running both EDGE and Chrome,  when I try to download anything from the https://explorescientificusa.com/pages/software-and-downloads-for-pmc-eight-system, like the latest firmware, or the utility or config manager, I get an "Malicious Download Detected" error and the download aborts.  Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Paul
--
AT72EDii  OTA
iEXOS-100 mount

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11, Orion Atlas
Scopes: ES FCD100-80, GSO RC8, Orion XT10i