Re: iexos-100 beginner comments (Mac user) #iEXOS-100 #FIRMWARE #iPadOS

Mirko Gude

Hi Paul,

good news!

I used VirtualBox and Win10 to change the cable settings.

Best regards,
Mirko

Am 01.12.2020 um 15:24 schrieb Paul Mogg <pdmogg@...>:

Wow that worked!! I am very grateful to you Mirko, thank you!

Kstars is now slewing to to the selected object.

That option seemed so completely counter intuitive to me that I didn't even bother trying it.

I did buy a Serial to USB cable and followed the instructions to try and reprogram it, but the utility program(s) didn't even seem to acknowledge it existed, under Parallels / Windows 10 that is.

Thanks again,

Paul

Location: southern Spain

Equipment:
Explore Scientific EOS-2 PMC-Eight mount
Skywatcher 200DPS Newtonian telescope
Telrad.
28mm 2" and 12mm 1.25" lenses.
2 and 5 x Barlows.
Macbook air
Huawei Android T5 Tablet
Nikon D3200 DSLR
Software: ExploreStars Android & WIndows, Stellarium OSX & Android, AstroDSLR

--

Mounts: ES PMC-8 IEXOS 100, ES EXOS2-GT
Scopes: Skywatcher 80/600, TS Photoline 72/432mm-Apo