"Scope Driver not capable of providing equatorial or alt/az coordinates, disconnecting."

Steve Siedentop

Hi All -

I saw one post with this error, but it was centered around WiFi problems.

I have a known good FTDI USB to Serial adapter that successfully controls my Celestron mounts, although I don't think this is an adapter issue as I'm seeing command strings passed in the ASCOM trace file.

When I uncheck Autotrack, I receive the same message, suffixed with "Try auto track."

I've used this on two computers with the same results.  I am able to connect via WiFi, but I'm not able to connect via the serial port.

The ASCOM trace file is attached.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Steve