Re: Newb issues after firmware, ExploreStars Data Base update #iEXOS-100 #Android

Joe Izen

Wes,

he only way I can get Com3 set is to restart CM with the USB cable plugged in.  I can unplug after CM restart, but plugging the cable in after restarting CM w/o cable doesn’t make COM3 appear.

UDP and TCP failed. Finally got ESGV response on serial after a reboot of the bount with USB plugged into PC. Issued ESX. Then diconnected PC wifi, reconnected Fire, and mount is responding.

Disconnected Fire from mount. Reconnected PC to wifi, and now explorestars on PC can also control the mount.

Victory!

Sober reflections after hallway dance concluded. Is the upshot that everyone should carry a USB mini cable and a PC with them in the field, even if they use a tablet?  What caused this problem?  The last time I used my mount was during the summer, and there was no problem with wifi control.  It’s only recent that I even own a PC. How would a Mac user fix the settings without a PC, if it is the wifi udp setting which is bad?

Joe

On Dec 7, 2020, at 12:48 PM, Wes Mcdonald via groups.io <wesmcd6@...> wrote:

Joe

Windows 10 will connect ok to the iexos 100 adhoc it seems.   Has issues with the exos2 tho.

So make sure tablet WiFi is off.  Disconnect iexos from pc.  Reboot iexos.  When it boots join the network.  Cm should show green pmc8 connection on bottom.  On cm connection tab set mount type and set comm port to comm3.  If comm3 is. It visible press refresh and the. Select comm 3.  Then try find button.

If it cannot find the mount go to the advanced tab.  Set the radio button to tcp.  Send ESGv command with button see do you get a response.  If not light up the udp radio button and try again.

Assuming you get an ESGv reply on tcp you can then send an esx! Command via tcp that will reboot the iexos in udp mode

If neither connect, try using the serial button and ESGv. If that works then send the esx via serial

Try this and get Back to me

Wes

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 1:41 PM Joe Izen <joe@...> wrote:
Wes,

7       EVT:503-Checking COM3.
EVT:505-Propeller chip version 1 found on COM3.
EVT:506-Loading RAM
EVT:507-Verifying RAM
EVT:508-Programming EEPROM
EVT:509-Verifying EEPROM
INF:451-Success.
6       Path to EEPROM: "C:\Users\joe\OneDrive\Documents\PMC8Firmware\1A01C_10B_5.eeprom"
5       Path to Propellent.exe:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Explore Scientific Utilities\PMC-8 Configuration Manager 1.0.3\Propellent.exe "
4       Attempting to upload ROM: 1A01C_10B_5.eeprom
3       Firmware sucessfully unzipped
2       Unzipping firmware file.
1       Firmware files successfully downloaded to C:\Users\joe\OneDrive\Documents\PMC8Firmware\Firmware.zip
0       Downloading firmware

How do I verify mount is in UDP mode? Even though my Fire tablet says it is connected, CM reports the mount as NOT CONNECTED with Current Connection NONE.  This is through the USB cable.

In Connection Tab,
The find Current Connection button reports
10       The mount does not appear to be connected. Please check your settings and network connection.

I see a communication Method under the Advanced tab with a UDP button. Should I connect my PC to the PMC-8 ad hoc network and push that button? Windows 10 often has problems connecting to ad hoc networks.  Thanks.