Jeff Snell

Tonight’s work...Bubble Nebula, M52 and surrounding area.

60x180s ISO 1600, 20 dark, 20 bias, Canon T5i astromodified
ESED80 APO
PMC Eight Serial Connection
PHD2, APT

On Nov 30, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Barry <barryburn61@...> wrote:

I was inspired by a post in a Facebook group to seek out Kemble's Cascade the other night. It is a little too large for my camera so I decided to have a go at a mosaic, my first proper one.
I took 15 panels using SharpCap Live Stacking option of 5 minutes with 16s exposures. I didn't realise until afterwards that you are supposed to capture darks in advance and apply it via pre-processing so I created darks afterwards and applied via PIPP. Probably not the best way, I'll try to remember next time.
Anyway, this is the result after assembling by hand in GIMP and then doing some level stretching, colour enhancing and start brightening in GIMP. Equalizing the background wasn't too easy in GIMP but some messing with colour channel levels seems to have helped.
Anyway, here's my result. I may have another shot at it or maybe just fill in some more stars in the current one but I'm definitely going to seek out the other two Kemble targets.

--
South Wales, UK
Mount