Re: "Scope Driver not capable of providing equatorial or alt/az coordinates, disconnecting."

Steve Siedentop

I didn't state this in the original email...if it wasn't clear...

I'm getting this error when attempting to connect to the PMC8 via the serial port.  I've tried connecting the serial adapter directly to the port as well as through a known good serial 9 pin serial cable.

-Steve

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 11:17 PM, sdsiedentop@... [ESPMC-Eight] <ESPMC-Eight@...> wrote:

Hi All -

I saw one post with this error, but it was centered around WiFi problems.

I have a known good FTDI USB to Serial adapter that successfully controls my Celestron mounts, although I don't think this is an adapter issue as I'm seeing command strings passed in the ASCOM trace file.

When I uncheck Autotrack, I receive the same message, suffixed with "Try auto track."

I've used this on two computers with the same results.  I am able to connect via WiFi, but I'm not able to connect via the serial port.

The ASCOM trace file is attached.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Steve