Re: iexos-100 wobble and bad star alignment

Yorksman

Yes, I have successfully manually slewed after having a 'good enough' polar alignment. I had exactly the same problem as you did so I selected Pleiades in ExploreStars, the slew was way off but then respositioned by hand and then pressed the 'T' buttons. This was a 30 sec exposure, seems to track well enough. First ever shot at the stars. I expect if I wanted longer exposures, I had better get a better polar alignment. I think the polar alignment just aligns the mount and lets the electronics know where it is. The telescope is quite separate until you move it and sync it with something. "Way off" is something one hears often for the first slew or two, but tracking works well enough. Have a go.