Re: iexos-100 wobble and bad star alignment

brian skinner

Hi, at present I reasonably polar align using the IEXOS100 Polar Scope but accept it only gives a "rough alignment" however I do manage at least 2 minute exposures without trailing. However I do also 3 star align rather than 2 which does improve slewing accuracy.
Obviously also the longer your focal length the narrower the FOV which does often mean your target is or can be outside of your live camera view. To help on this I do recommend a red dot finder scope.
Kind regards, BrianĀ
--
Brian Skinner
iEXOS100