From: Voyager <pmaks01@...>
To: MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io
Sent: Sun, Dec 13, 2020 3:46 pm
Subject: Re: [ESPMC-Eight] Remote Observational Setup

[Edited Message Follows]
Doug,
Here are some notes and thoughts.

Window 10 Pro 64bit
CdC - 64bit - 4.2.1
ASCOM 32bit 6.4.1
Sharpcap 3.2 32bit (Intel Celeron does not support the full instruction set that the 64bit version requires).
PHD2 32bit 2.6.9

Note, I am using ASCOM 6.4.1.

My startup sequence is pretty standard:
1. PMC8 CM:
Select mount type - EXOS22
Find COM
Select/highlight port
Find current connection - Do It
Via ASCOM (Serial) Do It

2. Startup POTH Hub
Assuming you have done the setup for your mount 'Choose Scope' -
- you should have selected ES_PMC8 Telescope from the dropdown list
- click on "'Properties' button - this brings up the driver interface:
- ensure that "Enable Serial Port '' radio button is selected - this could be part of your issue...

3. Once above is setup just 'Connect Scope' from POTH

Also, a mistake that I was making in CdC, Stellarium and SharpCap, All Sky Plate Solver,  when setting up the telescope, was to select "ES_PMC8 Telescope" directly rather than  "POTH Hub". Once I figured this out all of the software worked pretty much flawlessly with each other. If you select the telescope directly whichever app connects first to the scope, will hold onto it until you explicitly disconnect from that app. Going through POTH Hub now makes sense as it directs traffic between the apps and each of the ASCOM devices. It could be that one of the apps has grabbed the serial port via a direct connection to the mount.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Peter

Scope setup notes.png

--
Mount: EXOS2-GT with Orion Extension pier, Orion SkyView EQ
Scope: ES AR152, ESED80-FCD100, Orion 8” Newt

--

Doug Doonan
HomeBru  6 inch Reflector  f 6.6