Jeff Snell

Absolutely amazing work Vince!  Graduate level stuff.  I'm still in high school :-(

Jeff

PMC-Eight (serial connected Lenovo Laptop)
ES ED80mm APO
APT, CDC, Polemaster, PHD2 (50mm Orion Guidescope Package)
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Canon Ti-5 (Spencer Camera Astro-mod)

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 9:20 PM Vince White <vnwhite@...> wrote:

Since it's that time of year, here's my take of the Orion Nebula.

~12.5hrs of total exposure over several nights, where I took groups of 30, 60, 300, 480 and 540 second exposures and created an HDR blend.  I thought 30 second exposures @ ISO1250 on my EOS RP would be sufficient to capture the bright highlights of the nebula, but apparently f/4 was still too much light and I blew out the highlights.

Regards,

Vince
--

Mount: ES PMC-8 EXOS2-GT
Scopes: BRESSER 208mm f/3.9 Newt + ES HR Coma Corrector, Celestron C90 Mak, generic 50/191mm guide scope