Re: Control the mount with a Joystick or Cellphone #iEXOS-100 #app

Wes Mcdonald

Luiz

Eqmod won’t work.

If you are running ascom on a pc you can control the mount with your cell phone using sky safari pro.  If you search the forum for my posts on sky safari you can find how.  Also I gave a video presentation on the open goto web cast on week 10-20 or somewhere around there.

You load WiFiScope which is an app you can google, onto your PC.  Load SkySafari Pro on your phone.  The instructions for WiFiScope tell you how to connect everything.  What happens is the phone connected to your home wifi.  The PC connects to your home wifi.  The PC is connected to the PMC8 via serial/ascom.  Skysafari is set up to send data to wifiscope over the home internet.  Wifiscope catches commands sent from Skysafari and forwards them to the ascom hub.  The trick is to set SkySafari to the Meade Classic as a scope.  It sends Meade commands to wifiscope which translates them into Ascom calls to poth.

This all works great.  Skysafari can then be used as a hand controller.  It has Up, down, left, right buttons.  It also has a planetarium and goto buttons.  it has a scope position display, and it can overlay your camera field of view.

It's great.

Now if you are in the field you need to have a wifi network router to make this work.  I use an old wifi router I had laying around.  It puts up a little network to which all my stuff joins.  Whole thing runs on battery.  No sweat.

Wes.

--
Wes, Southport NC
EXos2-GT PMC-8, iExos 100
ES ED 127, 10" LX200GPS+wedge, Astro-Tech 8" Newt, ETX-90, 60mm no-name guide scope ~ 260mm FL
Polemaster, Orion ST-80 and SAG, ZWO 290MM, D5300 astro modified
Nina, Bootcamped Mac Mini control computer, RDP to iMAC
110 amp hour lead acid deep discharge battery for field power
Electrical Engineer, Retired

Join MAIN@ESPMC-Eight.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.