Re: introductions from Florida

Yorksman

If in a hurry, I use my 1exos-100 as a manual EQ mount. It's fine for things like the moon when there is a gap in the clouds. Like you say, a bit heavy but it does work almost as a run and go mount. Polar aligning is frustrating at first but I can do it now quite easily with the polar finder scope. The big step forward for me was to mount it on the opposite side, so the rhs rather than the lhs. Seemed easier for me to get my eye under it. It's taken me a few months, mostly because of the weather, but I am getting shots of more distant targets. Have to concentrate on getting better focus now. To get the most out of it requires practice and learning but, for a quick photo of the planets, you'll manage well with just manual.