iEXOS-100 RA axis motor struggles, doesn't track #iEXOS-100 #goto #tracking

yarbroughrix@...

Got a used iEXOS-100 and was finally able to diagnose my issue: it seems that the RA motor, in particular, is struggling to move the mount. When connected to the app and tracking, the motors can be heard "chugging" as if they are struggling. The explorestars app shows that when tracking, the RA axis just flips back and forth one arc second at a time rapidly (38, 39, 38, 39, etc), leading me to believe the motor is not putting out enough torque to turn the axis. When I attempt to slew at a high speed, and motor sounds like it is struggling, making a bad racket, but is able to rotate the axis. Seems like it's just facing more friction than it is expecting, perhaps? I've tried adjusting the backlash at three levels (tight, loose, medium) but it seems not to have an effect. Maybe I need to relubricate the RA gear teeth? Is WD-40 recommended, or something else? I'd like to not experiment much more until I know a fix, as I am worried about damaging the motor. Any advice is welcome.

Rix