Re: Connecting PMC-Eight to ZWO ASIAIR Pro

Steve Siedentop

There’s some good documentation on setting up the PMC-Eight with the ASI Air in the files section.

-Steve

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 6:48 PM Dino Monaco via groups.io <Dinomonaco=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi,

So I’ve ordered the EXOS2 w the PMC Eight system. Backordered at the moment.
In the meantime, I was thinking of interfacing the ASIAIR Pro device to exploit full functionality of both systems; i.e. automated wireless mount driver of the PMC 8, & the camera + plate solving capabilities of the ASIAIR devices.
Question: how do I set this up?
I’ve noticed that the ASIAIR Application has a selection for explore scientific EXos2 in its telescope control setup menu.
I’m assuming I need to attach a DB9-USB cable from the device to the PMC8.
But I’m also assuming it won’t be just a plug & play situation.

Thanks for your help in advance 🙏

Dino Monaco

--
Dino Monaco

--
Mounts: ES PMC-8 G11 with Ruland Couplers and One Piece Worm Blocks, Skywatcher NEQ-6
Scopes: ES ED127CF FCD100, Orion 6” Mak, Stellarvue SV80EDT, Coronado Solarmax 40