Re: iEXOS-100 RA axis motor struggles, doesn't track #iEXOS-100 #goto #tracking

Dino Monaco

Rix.  I don’t think you can try this on the PMC8 system
That is to swap the RA & Dec cables. Although I’m familiar w the EOS system, I’m not sure if this can be done.
I’m  still waiting for mine. Back ordered.

Anyway, My thought was that if if there is a way to exchange the cables to the drive motors and run them, you can determine once and for all if the noise is isolated to the RA motor or something along the com path.

On Jan 10, 2021, at 10:08 PM, Rix Yarbrough <yarbroughrix@...> wrote:

When putting it in park it definitely doesn’t sound right- don’t know how to explain it. Sound comes back when I unpark. Even if this sound isn’t abnormal I sure know it’s not normal to hear nothing but it. It’s the same when connected via ascom as well, so I don’t think it’s an issue with explorestars.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 20:22 Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Dino.

That sounds actually ok.  Put the explorestars into P mode and see how it changes sound.  That funny chugging sound is not unusual, at least I ha e heard it too.  But in truth seems like is is softer

Dino Monaco