Re: iEXOS-100 RA axis motor struggles, doesn't track #iEXOS-100 #goto #tracking

Rix Yarbrough

If I press [Tr], changing to <P>, the chugging continues but is now more irregular and less rhythmic. What should I be looking/listening for? I can see the motor moving normally, but only every chug, there is no constant motion. There is constant motion and it sounds ordinary while slewing, but while tracking the issue persists no matter what.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 10:20 PM Wes Mcdonald <wesmcd6@...> wrote:
Rix

I mean press the T button in explorestars which puts the mount into point mode not park.

The sound is caused by a resonance that seems to happen with the motor assembly and the pulses driving the stepper motor.  At least that has always been my theory.  See if they
Change in P mode.