Re: #ASCOM #ASCOM

Jeff Snell

Hi Tim,
I had slewing issues when I upgraded last week but slightly different.  I lost pulse guiding for PHD2 and the slow speed slew in CdC (.2083) wouldn’t work.  ASCOM Device Hub may be the issue.  Jerry H stated he wasn’t having any issues but that when he upgraded, he selected the option to keep POTH hub in the download.  I uninstalled 6.5, found an old 6.0 version on line, and reinstalled to get POTH back.  Then I reinstalled 6.5 and elected to keep POTH hub in the download.  All is well now...

Hope this helps.

Jeff

EXOS II GT/PMC-Eight, iOptron Skytracker
ESED80mm APO, Celestron 8” Edge HD, TPO Ultrawide
Polemaster, Canon T5i (modified), ZWO ASI 183mm Pro, Orion 50mm Guidescope
Lenovo Thinkpad 11e, 7 Port USB Hub
ASCOM (using POTH Hub), CdC, PHD2, APT, Backyard EOS
Processing w/Deep Sky Stacker, Photoshop (w/Astrophotography Plug-ins)

On Jan 16, 2021, at 9:05 PM, Tim Huseby <Photographybytjh@...> wrote:

Im not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, I finally upgraded to ascot 6.5 sp1 and am having strange behavior when slewing my mount Exos2-gt pic-8. When I was slewing last night trying to use my PoleMaster for polar alignment. when I said slew east the my scope and camera moved west, I would;d select east again and about 99% of the time it would go west and every blue moon it would go back to the east. I am puzzled and scratching my head. I have looked at all the places to put my location in and I think they are correct. Has anyone else had this issue or have suggestions. I did a complete uninstall and re install of ascom but have not had a chance to test it yet.
--
Tim
Las Vegas

Scopes/Lenses:
Celestron SLT 130, William Optics Star 71II  apo, Olympus 7-14,12-40,40-150 Pro

Cameras:
Olymous om-d E-M5 Mkii, SBOG STF8300M